Saturday, November 26, 2011

Couponing: Doubling, Stacking and Rebates

So I've been doing research like crazy to "learn" how to coupon properly. Checking coupon policies for Shaws, Stop & Shop, Rite Aid, CVS and Target, learning about doubling (Shaws and S&S will double any coupons under $1) and understanding stacking (you can use one Rite Aid coupon plus one manufacturers coupon on a single product, same with Target coupons). I already knew about CVS ExtraCare Bucks that print out on your receipt after you've made a qualifying purchase but I signed up for and learned about the Rite Aid version. They have a wellness+ card and offer +Up rewards but it's the same concept as the CVS ECB. In addition, Rite Aid has something called Video Values. You watch an add that's about 15 seconds to a minute and a half and at the end you're able to print a coupon for that product/brand. These are the Rite Aid coupons you can stack with manufacturers coupons. Lastly, they have a program called Single Check Rebates. If you buy a certain product within a certain date you're qualified to receive a check back for a specified amount. Works just like a typical rebate that you'd be familiar with but instead of having to mail in a UPC, etc you just type in four details off of your receipts and at the end of the month you can get a check back for any qualifying rebates. Very similar to Staples Easy Rebates if you've ever received those. I think you might have to request a check whereas Staples sends you rebates by product but I haven't used it yet so I'm not positive. I also have an email in to them asking if you will still get the check rebate amount in the full amount if you apply a coupon making the purchase price less than the rebate value. When I hear back I will update. I have found some great websites for finding deals but my two favorites are couponmom.com and iamthatlady.com. Both post deals they have found on other blogs as well as their own so you might follow through to other blogs that you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment