Monday, January 9, 2012

Menu Plan Monday: 1/9/12


I've heard a lot of people talking about menu planning and it is so completely practical that it would be silly for me not to try it!  I'm An Organizing Junkie seems to have started it all so that's where I started.  I will learn as I go so bare with me but hopefully my menu planning will help you start doing it yourself!

w Monday: Mom's making my favorite, fettuccine w/ BBQ chicken, so I'm heading over there for dinner but I also tested out my new slow cooker for the first time making Chicken Corn Chowder so that's already made and ready for Greg when he gets home to put with a chicken burger from the freezer.  For the recipe, I doubled it, added chicken and didn't add celery (too expensive for something I won't miss).  I felt as though the ham lost flavor but the chicken came out GREAT so next time I'm only going to include chicken, no ham.  Also, instead of 4 onions I only put in 1 because I didn't think I'd need more than one when I was shopping :oX so I used onion powder with the one I bought.  Now that it's done, I can't imagine having 4 onions in it but one more would've been good.  I had it for lunch and it came out sooo good.  New recipe and first time using a slow cooker - I was pleased!  I think I'll have to use my slow cooker all the time now!
w Tuesday: Mom's birthday so we're all going out to dinner at the Fox & Hound.  Greg and I will be splitting a potato pizza there.  So good and only $11!  I might splurge and get the crab cakes for an appetizer so that I can save enough pizza for Greg (usually not a problem) plus I think my mom likes them so I can share with her.
w Wednesday: Sausage and Potato Pockets - No mushrooms in this house ever and I'm using kielbasa because I got a bunch on sale.
w Thursday: ASL class means I'm home late so leftover corn chowder and/or a frozen pizza or stir fry.
w Friday: TACOS (mmmm)
w Saturday: Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu
w Sunday: Leftovers!

Shopping List:
w Olive Oil (will have to check but I don't think I have any)
w Pizza Dough (I thought I had some when I picked this recipe woops)
w Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment